Great Plates Delivered has two purposes:
- Help older adults and adults at high risk from COVID-19 to stay at home and stay healthy by delivering three nutritious meals per day.
- Provide essential economic stimulus to local businesses struggling to stay afloat during the COVID-19 crisis.
To view video in Spanish, visit here.
With this program, LA County will be able to expand its capacity to provide home delivered meals for our most vulnerable and support the regional economy by providing business to local restaurants.
Participants may qualify to receive meals if you:
- Meet age requirements:
- Are 65 or older; OR
- Are 60-64 and have been diagnosed with or exposed to COVID-19 or are at high risk as defined by the CDC
- Living alone or with one other program-eligible adult
- Are not currently receiving assistance from other state or federal nutrition assistance programs, like CalFresh/SNAP or Meals on Wheels
- Earn between $25,520 to $74,940 (single) or between $34,380 to $101,460 (two-person household) a year
- Have difficulty accessing food resources or preparing your own meals
- Live in unincorporated LA County or a city that does not have its own Great Plates Delivered program
In order to participate in Great Plates Delivered, restaurants MUST complete the following five steps:
Step One: Fill out the LA County online application
To access the online application form, visit here.
Restaurants who’ve already submitted the Food Provider Interest Form with the State of California must also fill out the online application for LA County to be considered.
Step Two: Confirm and sign the Master Agreement
If you meet the eligibility criteria for Great Plates Delivered, you will receive a digital copy of the Master Agreement.
Step Three: Register as an LA County Vendor
To register as an LA County Vendor, visit here.
Note: The approval of the agreement is contingent upon these items specified in Steps two and three above.
Step Four: Receive Work Order
Based on demand for meals, restaurants will be allocated clients and meal orders. Meal orders will be emailed to you initially, as we work towards launching an online portal to access your meal orders.
Step Five: Set up Method of Payment
Set up direct deposit or electronic fund transfer for payments here.
To prepare restaurants for Great Plates Delivered, we’ve created an ‘Onboarding Packet’ with all the information you need to get started with the process.
- LA County Department of Public Health Guidelines
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration Guidelines
- Delivery Services